844 area codes are the newest area codes in the United States. They were created to meet the demands of the ever-growing telecommunications industry. However, these same area codes are now being used by scammers to trick people into thinking they are calling a local number. In this blog post, we will explore why 844 area codes are the new US scam and how you can avoid being a victim of this scam. We will also provide some tips on what to do if you think you may have been a victim of this scam.
4 Area Codes Are The Newest US Scam
There’s a new scam going around that involves area codes. Here’s how it works: someone calls you from an unfamiliar area code, and when you answer, they ask if you can hear them okay. When you say yes, they start talking very fast about some kind of offer or pitch. They may even say that you’ve been selected to receive a free gift or vacation. But don’t be fooled! This is just a trick to get you to stay on the line so they can rack up charges on your phone bill.
If you get one of these calls, just hang up. Don’t give them a chance to scam you. And warn your friends and family about this new scam so they don’t fall for it either.
What is an 844 Area Code?
An 844 area code is a new area code that has been created to overlay an existing area code. This is done to provide more telephone numbers for the same geographic area. The 844 area code is often used for scams, as it can be easily confused with an existing area code.
How to Avoid 844 Area Code Scams
If you receive a call from an 844 area code, be aware that it may be a scam. Here are some tips to avoid becoming a victim of an 844 area code scam:
1. Do not answer calls from unfamiliar numbers. If you do not recognize the number, let the call go to voicemail.
2. Be suspicious of unsolicited calls. If you are not expecting a call from someone, be wary of what they may want from you.
3. Do not give out personal information. Scammers may try to get your name, address, Social Security number, or bank account information. Do not provide any information about yourself unless you are sure that you can trust the person on the other end of the line.
4. Hang up if the caller becomes aggressive or threatening. Scammers may try to pressure or intimidate you into giving them money or personal information. If this happens, just hang up the phone.
5. Report any suspicious calls to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You can file a complaint with the FTC online at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant… .
What to Do If You Get a Scam Call From an 844 Area Code
If you get a call from an 844 area code, it’s likely a scam. Here’s what to do if you receive one of these calls:
1. Do not answer the call. If you do answer, do not say anything or give any information.
2. Hang up immediately.
3. Do not call the number back.
4. Report the call to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You can file a complaint online at ftc.gov/complaint or by calling 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357).
The 844 area code is the newest US scam making the rounds, and it’s one that you should be aware of. This area code is being used by scammers to try and trick people into thinking they’re calling a legitimate business, when in reality they’re just trying to steal your money. Be sure to avoid any calls from this area code, and if you do receive one, don’t hesitate to report it to the authorities.